Want to know what different pizza events are going on in the Chicagoland area? I’ll keep you updated right here. You’ll find info on anything from pizza eating contests to pizza tours. So, check back frequently!
Event: Pizza: Any Way You Slice It!
Where: Kohl Children’s Museum
2100 Patriot Blvd, Glenview, IL 60025
When: January 18 – May 24, 2010
This fun-filled, hands-on exhibit uses pizza to help teach kids learn simple math concepts such as counting, measuring and sorting. Using the activities of making pizza, delivering pizza and pretending to eat pizza, children are learning the basics of math. Visit this website to learn more:www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org/exhibits/pizza
Things to Do:
- Pizza Parlor: Get behind the counter, put on an apron and take orders on the phone with a number of engaging phone recordings.
- Pizza Kitchen: Make pizzas with a wide variety of toppings, use recipes and measure toppings.
- Delivery Spots: Make deliveries to three locations, complete with doors that open for receiving pizzas, perfect for role-playing.
- Giant Pizza Couch: Get into this massive pizza and pile up yummy, super-sized toppings to make the perfect larger-than-life pizza.
- Pizza Fact Fun: Discover fun pizza facts, including information on popular pizza toppings around the world and right here in the United States.
- Slice It Up Table: Work on division with pizzas that divide into different fractional parts. Discover how fractions change by taking slices away or putting them together to make a whole.
- Pizza Book Stop: Learn about pizza through a number of books on the subject.